Friday, July 12, 2013

Return/Looking Up

Here I am. And was, as of Sunday, so why have I been absentee? I'm watching with my cyberspace binoculars, and pageviews have been climbing. You knew I was back, and I was by no means busy. But there are so many things on my mind, and blogging (for me) is about narrowing down everything to what's important. But the missing DVD of my latest show, the first in which I had a lead? Devastating. The freak-out when a friend stayed at camp longer than expected? Humiliating. The excitement over the impending free summer? Astounding. But I think I know what I want to talk about.

I'm muddling my way through the remaining few days of not being a teenager. All my friends have immigrated over the border, I can pop a PG-13 movie in the machine - that's not the issue. The issue is this: Why, just as I'm about to get more responsibility, am I just freaking everyone out? My mother is currently hiding in her bedroom because we had a fight about where the paper towels were. Frankly, I think I stopped growing at 10. But like a building after construction finishes, there will always be new people, and new paint jobs (maybe I'll die my hair), and everything is going to get taller around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment