Thursday, September 26, 2013

Familiar Face

There are those in the airtight hallway, filled with students held together by suction and a shared need for the global studies homework, whom are distinct and yet invisible to my eyes, verdant and yet opaque from clarity: there are those in the hallway who have become my hair-color people. This squadron of hodgepodge contemporaries probably have names in the yearbook, but to be they are unlabeled entities that exist within the realm of their unique characteristics - that boy always wearing a dark leather jacket, the girl with the flowing blonde hair and pink backpack. Unlike the people I see out in public, for whom I draw up fantastical possibilities and mathematical probabilities, I leave the stories of my hair-color people unpublished in a desk drawer.

Sometimes I know too much already. Words can dart between so-called private conversations where there is no room to catch them in, and I could tell you exactly what each of my friends thinks of "oh that guy" without thinking thrice. Sometimes the letters are forced in front of my eyes and I involuntarily cast aspersions onto the ones who cannot argue with me about it without being reported to a large man in a blue shirt (occasionally boasting a shiny badge). But it makes me wonder - whose frizzy haired blogging girl am I from day to day? And what do my undefined comrades think of "oh that girl?"

1 comment:

  1. to me, you're not the kind of person to have frizzy hair. in my mind, you have red hair. or maybe you're friends with a redhead. my best friend has red hair, and it seems like he influences me to think in ways similar to yours.
    good post!

    ReplyDelete