Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Phone Tag

Phone tag: When two people keep calling each other, wishing to speak, and always reach the answering machine and leave a message. I happen to play phone tag all the time, so often in fact, that it has become a part of my daily life. Wake up; brush teeth; go to school; come home; play phone tag; go to sleep. Like magic, I only find a message on my voicemail about a year after it's been sent, and by then, usually the caller has forgotten my name. We all have our quirks, I guess, be it paper mache turtles or three-hour-long bubble baths until our fingers get wrinkly or phone tag.

Sometimes, I use it as a test for a friend. If they remember me, what my favorite color is, where I grew up, after a year, then something must be right. It's not like I set them up and try to quiz them on me to see how much they've been stalking me, though I know that's how it sounds, but no, no, no: The point of phone tag is avoiding what you most want because it is too scary to catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment