Sunday, March 31, 2013

And Totto, Too

We waited an hour and a half with three bags, leaned up against a car, waiting to get into 9th Avenue and 52nd Street's Totto Ramen, which has a small counter and three tables inside. When our name was only the 27th on the wait list, we cheered. Luckily, that left me with ample time to talk to my cousins. Not so luckily, when we did finally get into the restaurant, I was full before I was halfway through my my bowl. It was piled high with salted kelp, lettuce, avocado, cucumber, peppers, noodles, and the most incredible broth... what it would taste like if trees cried at a wedding. The food came quickly, as did the conversation, as did the questions, as did the inevitable tears of my own.

I'm still getting over it.

2 comments:

  1. Great ramen converted one particular blogger to the world of soup. Fun to share one of my favorite hole-in-the-walls with my daughter, my niece and her wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was delicious indeed and a treat to have the extra time to visit!

    ReplyDelete