Sunday, May 5, 2013

Accidentally

If you don't remember how I feel about secrets, please go back into the archives and read "Deepest." Good. Moving on. I despise the way that secrets drip their way out of washing pots and pipes and find themselves in open space for anyone to find. So I was careful this time: 2 close friends, enough to keep the holes from spilling through. But things happen, simply by accident: Not by them letting the water spill but by me sloshing it around. Add one for the time she asked me why I was so upset - makes three. Add one for the way she shouted her hypothesis aloud and I needed to shut her up - makes four. Add one for how she'd been guessing for ages, and I really couldn't lie when she finally figured it out - makes five. Add one for the friendly torture she'd inflicted upon me, with clues, pokes, and reputation crushing, in order to get me to give it away - makes six. Add one for no ideas, and doubts about where the intel came from - makes seven. Add one for he just knew and I was tired of talking about it - makes eight. Add one for he told her flat out, right there in the hallway, and I panicked - makes nine.

If three's a crowd, I wonder what on earth nine is.

No comments:

Post a Comment