Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Owl Pellet

The Owl Pellet Laboratory Exercise is a stereotype in public schools. With little funding, all you need is an owl pellet and a pair of tweezers and you're off. For those of you lucky, lucky ones who get lots of private funding, basically you pick through the remains of what an owl didn't want, couldn't stomach, had no way to deal with. It's been compacted into one "Forget It" bundle, and it's our job to find the "Save It" few. Looking through all of these bits of fur, shards of bone, scraps of plant, I couldn't seem to find anything worth saving. Looking through all of the risks I didn't want to take, chances I couldn't stomach, opportunities I had no way to deal with, there's so much I wanted. But now that it's all in the "Forget It" bundle I'm too tired to reclassify. And too scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment