Friday, May 3, 2013

Skipped

It was an accident; I know, in all actuality, it was a natural accident. I know that no one intentionally ruined my scene. I know that no one meant to glide over me like a lowly beetle. I know. Believe me, I know that J6 feels terrible, and I tried to reassure him I was fine. I don't know if anyone believed me. In a fit of rage I kicked my already loose flat so kick it ricocheted off the ceiling. Over the past two weeks, I have worked for about 45 hours on this play, and there were plenty of rehearsals before that. I do almost nothing throughout the entire show. I have one shining moment. And they skipped it.

And I wonder if I'm doing the same thing to myself. There was a moment at the Halloween dance where I felt something. I felt perpetually happy. I felt at peace. I felt alive. I spun so fast that I couldn't tell where I was, but I could tell who was around me. I could tell I had finally done something with myself and come into my own body, like zipping up a VISIBILITY cloak around myself. But maybe this is the time of my life. I should be taking a risk, while I have the chance.

1 comment:

  1. I was there. In the moments you did have you shone.

    ReplyDelete