Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chain of Events

Since 2:02 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, an increasing number of bad things have been happening to me. The weirdest things, too, as though they were stolen from someone else's destiny and decoupaged onto my own. Arriving late for class, because I forgot I had anything to do, an end purpose. Bad grades, some of the worst I've ever received, for stupid things. Not finishing my homework until four hours after my usual, and sometimes forgetting parts altogether. Losing school materials and facing a steep fee. Not singing well at rehearsal, and having your directors notice it. Waking up this morning with a headache, nausea, stomach pain, and a rubbed raw sore throat that tea can't help, and then finding out I'm still required to go to school on Monday because I don't have a fever. One bad thing and it's like waves: The momentum of the crash flings some more water up, and then the only place to go is down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment