Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Concert Dress

We call them, however it might sound, our blacks. Long black shirts, with no decals, no detail, no attempt at interest. Black skirts or pants, ankle length (or with black nylons). Black shoes, which I forgot, so I had to trudge onto the stage in my black socks. First period today was science with a side of fresh for torment substitute, who quizzed us relentlessly on a topic we never studied: the electromagnetic spectrum. At least I think that's what it's called. We learned, between trying to say each other's names during attendance and pointlessly flipping through our notes looking for answers, that black is the absence of light. But nothing can be truly black. A raincloud hovering ominously over a city - darkest gray. Me today - impending disaster, ready to snap... I snapped... but the absence of light is nonexistent in my life. There is, no matter what K3 says, ALWAYS hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment