Sunday, June 9, 2013

Four Poster

I have a new antique four poster bed sitting in the middle of an empty room with a warped floor and I am lying on it. For two years now it's been nesting in a southern storage unit, untouched and in the dark. The wood tightened a bit in the colder seasons yes, and relaxed in summer, but all in all nothing changed. Until my big-time mother maneuvered a truck all the way up the coast on three lane highways to our new house, and told some one-day workers where to place it. She didn't tell them to put it in the corner so they left it by the window, in the middle of an empty room. It's old, new, full of spirit, empty and alone, it's an oxymoron in a piece of furniture and I picked it from a handful of one to be my own. I couldn't reject myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment