Thursday, June 13, 2013

Discord

This blog is out of order, and so I am. No more is every day simply a few emotions to reflect back onto this page. Now posting is the last thing before I go to bed, sometimes too tired to remember. Why? It's the end of the year. I remember the first day of school waltzing into my Spanish class late and whispering to the eighth grader across the way, "Where's the main office?" They told me they had no idea. I convinced myself with letters and stories and pop quiz trips to the auditorium and room 251 that I would know by the end of seventh grade. That I would establish myself as one of those ancient statues the Greeks could no bring themselves to break down into Hellenistic trash; have a standing appointment at eleven for lunch, a place to go after the last day of school to celebrate. Yesterday was it. Some went to the beach, some to another beach, some to a candy store...

My blog is broken because I went home. Because I felt empty and there was nothing to reflect. I spent the afternoon scrolling further down on social media pages and looking at everyone else's smiles. I wondered where the future self I had written to in September has gone, and where I, the other future self, will go. (Somewhere, I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment