Sunday, April 21, 2013

Boy

You don't have to say it; I know I missed another day of blogging. Sorry. I was distracted by all the people at my aunt's baby shower asking me about my blog. (They like it.) I was distracted also by the enormous stork balloon tied to a chair, and the miraculous bump in her belly. Until three years ago, I was the youngest of my twelve cousins. I always read the Four Questions at Passover. Made sure to leave the note for Santa on the table. But all that changed when O was born, then C3. Next, who knows? A miraculous bump that grows and grows and then disappears again, although somehow, the matter has multiplied. It happens all the way. A little bit of knowledge becomes an encyclopedia, a little bit of talking becomes a speech, and a little bit of love becomes an eternal adoration of the little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment