Monday, April 15, 2013

Invincible Apple?

I think S was genuinely devastated when E smashed her "aerodynamic apple" to the courtyard tile with foolish ferocity, although it is always hard to guess what she is thinking. It had been enjoyable to watch her pelt the fruit at people, yelling, "THINK FAST!" before letting go, unless I was the target of her toss. As I watched E half-sheepishly slink away, I was a bit disappointed, but the circumstances were clear: S had distinctly said she could have the apple after it dropped into a pile of muck. Perhaps it was a joke; as I say, you can never tell.

Go ahead, I'll smash the way I feel. Or not - no, I really don't want to. It's awfully fun to through it around inside my head, although rather pointless. A pile of muck will not deter. It's okay to love yourself, as long as you don't love yourself more than everyone - at least someone - else.

No comments:

Post a Comment