Thursday, April 18, 2013

Words Fail

People say a picture is worth a thousand words. If so, a word is worth a thousand more, in and of itself. A picture can show you the colors (as the lens portrays), the people, the backdrop. But a picture can't show you what your cousin said right afterwards, or the wave that splashed your sister's feet. A word carries more than an image because an image lays out everything, and a word is different for every person. The faucets keep on flowing until all our memories are piled up like bricks and then we start to build our world.

Computer.

For my dad, it is a way to beat my mom at Scrabble.
For my best friend, it is a tool for posting her artwork.
For my cat, it is a bed, as much as we yell at him and try to get him off.
For me, it is my journal, the one place I can feel like I'm talking to myself and still let everyone hear me.

You, you person I've been writing about recently. Hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment