Monday, April 29, 2013

GHOS_

If you are intellectual youth in the city and you have never played the game GHOST, you have never understood what a game is. For those of you unenlightened folk, GHOST is basically a spelling game, where a series of players take turns saying one letter, attempting NOT to be forced to say the last letter in a word. I used to be exceptional at this game. Then the deaths; then the double rehearsals, darting back and forth; then the drama; then the night upstate; then everything else - needless to say, I'm too tired to effectively concentrate.

I played with T and L today. Whenever I play with T, three wonderful and very annoying things happen: A) He wins. B) He forms an alliance with the other player against me. C) He knows the etymology of every word. Regardless, I lost. I lost because I couldn't remember the words masculinity, geriatric, and ricotta.

I have to get used to this perpetual sense of exhaustion. I have to become accustomed to losing at GHOST, and everything else. It all depends on who you're playing against. Now I'm in a new environment. Now I'm playing against T.

1 comment: