Thursday, April 25, 2013

Taconic

We're off on the class sleepover for a year, one night in cabins in the woods to get a taste of each other and the natural world. I've heard so many things about the trip: You'll be bored. Best time of my life. Interesting things will happen. But despite the varied opinion, I have my own cringing worries. The last time I went on a class sleepover, my cabin was composed of me, my best friends, and a couple of popular people who didn't fit in the same cabin with their friends. The good thing: There are no awful cliquish people in my class. The bad thing: I can't stay isolated to one class out of nine forever. Eventually I'll have to venture away from my comfort zone and see the world - or at least the other end of the grade hallway.

2 comments:

  1. The world is your oyster, or your clam, or your goat cheese, or something. Joy will be yours, and sorrow, love and friendship too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing is, i don't think (from my knowledge of you) that your comfort zone will be that hard to break out of. i've known you to be very adventurous.

    ReplyDelete