Saturday, April 27, 2013

Exhaust

I was so tired that when I got up from the thrice-painted floor I couldn't walk in a straight line. I was so tired that after standing onstage for about twenty seconds I had to collapse onto a nearby platform. I was so tired that I couldn't smell the hairspray being messed with inches from my face. I was so tired that I couldn't find the gap between the curtains where I could walk backstage to lie down again. I was so tired that I let myself be a normal middle school for once and gossip a little - don't worry, I wasn't mean! I was so tired that when L asked me what I was thinking about, my biggest secret, and my obsession, I couldn't remember the answer. I could only remember that they were all the same thing.

P.S. Now I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment